Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My TV update 10 weeks in.



Hello Chums,

Have you enjoyed the fall TV season this year? I have. I don't watch everything of course, but the shows I watch I've enjoyed. I haven"t had to drop one yet!

Let's get right into it, Journey Man is my sleeper hit. I knew Kevin McKidd was awesome in Rome. So I tried out his new show. Who knew it would be so good? Not me.

McKidd playing time traveler Dan Vassar, goes back in time righting some wrongs, fixing some problems. All the while, there is a good twisting story that involves him, his ex-girl friend (who is dead in present day)(or maybe not), his wife, his brother (the nosy cop) and a rogue FBI agent.

If you haven't watched this show give it a try. Getting caught up in the underlying story might be difficult though. That's what DVDs are for. Rating: A+

How about Heroes? This show started off with a whimper. It has really (steadily) improved to be my favorite show this season. But remember Lost hasn't started yet.

Now that Hiro's side trip from feudal Japan has finished up, the overall continuing story is really coming together. Now we know about all the people pictured on the photo and what they created. And we have not one, but two nasty bad guys killing off characters. How cool is that? If these guys got together, would they kill each other or team up? Lets hope team up! Rating: A+

You have to love Monday's TV line up. First of all at 7PM on CBS, you have two good comedies. Okay I didn't say great. They're not Seinfeld or Friends, but How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory are pretty good. Then at 8PM you switch over to NBC and you get Heroes and Journey Man. What's not to love?

My other favorites include:

Tuesday's Boston Legal. Shatner + Spader = TV Greatness. Rating: B+

Wednesday's Bionic Woman. Rating: B

Thursday's Survivor. Rating: B

Friday and Saturday? Nothing.

Sunday's The Amazing Race. Rating: A and Desperate Housewives. Rating: C+

If your into Heroes as much as I am, pick up the Heroes Vol. 1 hardcover. It features all the online comics that came out each week during the first season. Check out the sweet Alex Ross cover. I got mine recently at Wizard World Texas. Good Stuff. Rating: A+

Happy Viewing.

D.L.

No comments: