Monday, August 4, 2008

Pick Of My Pile for the week of 8-06-08

Hello Chums,



Last weeks entry mentioned how I liked limited series' with their nice endings. This week I noticed seven of my ten titles purchased are limited series. What does that mean? Maybe I'd like to phase out on-going titles altogether. Maybe I could/should phase out single issue comics altogether also (in favor of trades.) You do get a nice thick, meaty story to read without all the ads. And they will sit on your book shelf nicely.



My Picks:



Marvel:



Franklin Richards Son of a Genius Summer Smackdown #1(one-shot). More Franklin and Herbie humor.



Secret Invasion Front Line #2 (of 5). The street level view of the secret invasion continues.



Punisher War Journal #22. Fraction and Chaykin on Jigsaw p. 5.



The Twelve #7 (of 12). Watch for a full review when the story is complete.



Avengers/Invaders #4 (of 12). I wish this story could have happened after the Secret Invasion.



Patsy Walker Hellcat #2 (of 5). The Hellcat in Alaska fighting with spirits in the form of bears, wolves...



Criminal (Icon) #4. Bad Night p. 1.



IDW:



FX#6. Last issue? Maybe six more.



Star Trek Assignment: Earth #4. Gary Seven and Roberta battle aliens, Isis handles a purse snatcher.



DC (Vertigo):



Jack of Fables #24. Finish of the Jack Candle Gang story arc.



The Pick Of My Pile this week is once again Criminal. The new story arc "Bad Night" is off to a good start.



K.R.C.



D.L.

No comments: