Wednesday, June 20, 2012

2012 - End Of Week 24 - Comics

Greetings Friends,




I had another good week of read comics. I knocked 15 total. Check them out. 




#317. Captain America #13.
#318. The Massive #1.
#319. Batman #10.
#320. Silk Spectre #1.
#321. The Bulletproof Coffin - Disinterred #5.
#322. Steed and Mrs. Peel #6.
#323. Untold Tales Of The Punisher Max #1.
#324. Avengers #27 (*).
#325. Detective Comics #10.
#326. Harbinger #1.
#327. Smallville #1.
#328. Smallville #2.
#329. Planetoid #1.
#330. All Star Comics #8 (origin of Wonder Woman p.1)(*).
#331. Sensational Comics #1 (origin of Wonder Woman p.2)(*).

(*) denotes read as a digital comic book. 



There were a couple of big winners this week.
First up is Smallville Season 11. Initially I wasn't going to read this since it is billed as Season 11. I mean I'm still working my way through Season 3 as part of my challenge for 2012. But I didn't want the issues to stack up either so I went ahead and dove in. I'm not going to say that issue one and two were great, but this series is off to a good start. 



The real winner is The Massive. This series started off in the pages of Dark Horse Presents and now it has it's own book. The story is set in a post-war, post-crash, post-disaster world. The Ninth Wave is an environmental group stationed on two ships The Kapital and The Massive. They are searching for answers for what caused the world to crumble into chaos when they were separated. Now the Kapital must search for her sister ship The Massive. Nice story and art. 



Keep Reading Comics.


D.L.

No comments: