Saturday, October 6, 2007

My early TV report card


Hello Chums,

I thought I'd talk about the new Fall TV season. Although it's only a couple of weeks in, I thought I'd give an early report card. If you check out my Top 5 Favorite lists, you can see some of what I've been watching. However, there are (a few) more promising shows.

Lets dive right in with Heroes. As good as this show was last year, (second only to Lost) it hasn't captivated me this year. The first 2 episodes were boring. Where is the excitement this show generated last year? It has a long w-a-y to go to be as good as last year. Hopefully this show will pick up soon. Rating: B-

Now lets talk Survivor. What can I say? How about: Always Good. I know it's a reality show, but it's always good. Each group of new competitors bring something new to the show. So far the events this season have been a combination of really tough and exciting. And it's in China this season. What's not to like? Rating: A-

Next is Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry David is always entertaining. However, I'm not sure where the story is going with the displaced family. I hope this story line is finished fast. It's not that funny. Rating: C-

One of my favorite "new" actors is Kevin McKidd from the HBO show Rome. He is now the star of NBC's Journey Man. In Rome McKidd played a bad ass Roman. In Journey Man he plays a newspaper reporter/husband/father. Oh yeah, He also travels back through time to help people. Although the show has been okay, I feel like I've seen this before. It was called Quantum Leap. I hope this show is able to break away from that type of show. Rating: B

Boston Legal rounds out my top five. First of all Shatner and Spader are awesome. Their scenes together are always great. I'm just disappointed that they got rid of Paul Lewiston (Rene Auberjonis), Denise Bauer (Julie Bowen) and Brad Chase (Mark Valley). Why didn't they get rid of Clarence Bell (Gary Anthony Williams)? His story has already played out. The new addition of Jerry Espenson (Christian Clemenson) as a permanent cast member is great. I just wish they would bring back Tara Wilson (Rhona Mitra). She added a lot to the cast. Rating: B

Two more shows to watch: Desperate Housewives and The Bionic Woman. While the "housewives" are pretty much same ole thing as before, The Bionic Woman has been good so far. Ratings: Wives C+, Woman B+

Happy viewing.

D.L.










No comments: