Saturday, April 19, 2008

Pick Of My Pile Week of 4-16-08

Hello Chums,


I picked up a very diverse pile of comics this week from five different publishers. Marvel still wins out with my four books bought. Here are my books with the publishers.


MARVEL:

Wolverine origins #24 the story continues with The Deep End part 4

Avengers Classic #11 original Stan Lee/Don Heck Avengers #11 w/Tom Beland/Kano backup

Captain America #37 The Death of Captain America Act 3 The Man Who Bought America p.1

Soleil Sampler free sample of four European comics headed to America from Marvel


DC:

The Batman Strikes #44 Batman and Superman together for the very first time (?)


ONI:

Resurrection #4 America - after the Bug invasion from space is over


IDW:

Star Trek Year Four Enterprise Experiment Part 1


IMAGE:

The Pro #1 64 plus pages of Garth Ennis showing us why everyone should not have superpowers (ADULT CONTENT)

Wonderlost #2 another 64 page book C.B. Cebulski continues to give us his personal (high school) stories of dating and drinking (ADULT CONTENT)


This week I had three solid picks. Star Trek Year Four, Avengers Classic (because of the Tom Beland story) and Wonderlost. However my pick this week is Wonderlost. With it's eight solid black and white stories by various artists, I believe this issues was better than the first.


K.R.C.

D.L.

No comments: