Friday, October 30, 2009

Pick Of My Pile for the week of 10-14.

Hello Chums,


Not really any trades read this week as I have been getting caught up on some TV viewing. That's a bummer. But I have been keeping up with my comic reading, check it out!


Week of 10-14:


Marvel:


Deadpool #900! What the? The first comic to hit #900 is Deadpool? You got it. Okay, Deadpool is far from a favorite character of mine, but this THICK (100? page) issue is pretty good. It doesn't hurt that the likes of Jason Aaron and Duane Swierczynski are on board with stories. Also included is the cover gallery featuring all 900 covers!


Punisher #75. The last issue of this series features 5 Punisher stories and a sneak peak of Punisher Max #1 by Jason Aaron and (my favorite) Steve Dillon. I can't wait for the new series!


Punisher Noir #3 (of 4). More hyper-violent 1930's Punisher action!


Spider-Woman #2. Although Bendis' story is good so far, the art/coloring by Alex Maleev is awesome! Not to be missed.


The Marvels Project #3 (of 8). The origin of Marvel Comics with the original Human Torch against Namor.


Uncanny X-Men #516. The return of Magneto. Is he a friend now?


Image:


Liberty Comics #2. Tim Sale cover! Stories by Jason Aaron, Moritat, Ben Templesmith and Paul Pope among others.


Dark Horse:


Hellboy #7 (of 8). Continuing the best Hellboy story in quite some time, The Wild Hunt.


B.P.R.D. 1947 #4 (of 5). I getting to where I like these (old) stories. Hellboy jr. is cool too.


IDW:


Star Trek: Spock Reflections #4 (of 4). The final chapter of Spock's mission to bring back Kirk's body.


Jon Sable Freelance - Ashes of Eden #1. Although I'm a HUGE Mike Grell Warlord fan, I haven't read any Jon Sable. After reading this issue I'm kind of on the fence about Jon Sable. I do have the first two trades and probably should put them in my reading rotation.
The Pick Of My Pile this week is Spider-Woman #2. This issue is a very good follow-up to the first issue. Smartly written, great action and violence, what more could you want? I can't wait for the next issue.
K.R.C.
D.L.

No comments: