Friday, October 30, 2009

Pick Of My Pile for the week of 10-21.

Hello Chums,



No Trades This Week. BUMMER! On to my picks.



Marvel:



Stephen King: The Stand - Soul Survivors #1. Any Stand fan or King fan for that matter should be reading this great adaption. My highest recommendation.



Thor - Tales of Asgard #6 ( of 6). The end of this wonderfully drawn (and colored) series. I will miss this book.



Deadpool Merc With A Mouth #4. The conclusion of the Savage Land arc. Although I liked this arc (and the art), I am always looking for a book to drop. This may be one.



IDW:



Angel VS. Frankenstein (one-shot). This nice little stand alone story has some of John Byrne's best art in a while. The coloring by Ronda Pattison really fits the mood of the story also.



Star Trek - Nero #3. Continuing on with the Nero movie prequel. If you liked the new movie, you should be reading this book.



ONI:



Resurrection #4. Life after the alien occupation continues with flash backs featuring everyone's favorite Pres., Bill Clinton.



Image:



Elephantmen #22. This issue features very nice art by Andre Szymanowicz. Story: okay only.



The Pick Of My Pile this week is John Byrne's Angel VS. Frankenstein. A surprisingly good book that I almost didn't pick up.



K.R.C.



D.L.

No comments: