Friday, October 30, 2009

Pick Of My Pile for the week of 10-28.

Hello Chums,


Another week with no trades read. That's not good.


Week of 10-28:


Marvel:


Halo - Helljumper #4 (of 5). Continuing on with Dutch and Romeo looking for their squad.


Punisher #10. It would appear that this is the last issue in this arc that pits the Punisher against The Hood. GOOD! I am tired of this story.


Punisher - Dark Reign - The List (one-shot). Quite possibly the most violent Punisher issue ever. Great art by J.R. Jr.


The New Avengers #58. Can anyone save Luke Cage? Norman Osborn will try.


New Mutants #6. Doug Ramsey is a bad ass! And Warlock is back. I may drop this book, but not yet.


DC:


Detective Comics #858. The start of Batwoman's second arc. Nice back story Rucka style. And what can I say about Williams III art? Nice, very nice.


Jack of Fables #39 (Vertigo). I'm dreadfully behind on my Fables/Jack reading. I can't wait to get caught up.


Astro City - Astra special #2 (of 2)(Wildstorm). The conclusion of Astra's graduation night. These two issues are what made Astro City great. Only one more arc of The Dark Age left, then back to regular numbering!


N.E.C.:


The Mangalious Tick #2 (of 4). This second issue was much better than the first.


Dark Horse:


Abe Sapien - The Haunted Boy (one shot). Nice stand alone story with art by new comer Patric Reynolds.


Boom:


Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? #5. I need to get caught up on my reading of this dense title. Very nice Moritat cover.


The Pick Of My Pile this week is Punisher - Dark Reign - The List. This book not only had a pretty good wrap-up of the Punisher/Norman Osborn/Hood story line, but also great art by J.R. jr.


K.R.C.


D.L.

No comments: