Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Planet Comic-Con '12 - The Recap.


Greetings Friends,



Another Planet Comic-Con down. They seem to take forever to come around each year (and they are over so quick).



Some high-lites from this years show:



#1. Meeting Tim Sale (again). Getting some books signed, getting a Batman print and sketch book. I also asked where's Captain America White? He assured me that it was coming. He said that two issues were complete. --- But the zero issue came out in 2008. What's taking so long?



#2. Meeting Dave Johnson (for the first time). I got some books signed and bought a Superman print (of what I consider one of his finest covers). I would consider him a super star but he had very few people at his table. Nice guy though.



#3. Getting my Bernie Wrightson book - Creepy Presents Bernie Wrightson signed by Bernie and Bruce Jones.



#4. Meeting Steven T. Seagle (for the first time) and talking about his ending of Sand Man Mystery Theater (one of my favorite comic book projects). And picking up a few signed books from him.



#5. Meeting John Layman and getting my Chew Omnivore Edition vol.1 signed by him. Also talking Chew comic and (hopefully) Showtime TV show.



#6. Meeting Matt Kindt (again), watching him water color a very nice Beta Ray Bill he drew for a lucky fan and getting my copy of The Tooth signed with neat little drawing.



#7. Talking to other random pros like Jason Aaron and B. Clay Moore. Seeing Edward James Olmos, Gil Gerard and Erin Gray.



#8. Buying cool comics, trades, graphic novels, prints, toys and sketchbooks.



#9. Off course going to three Half Price Books while in KC.



#10. And eating at Cinzetti's and Jack Stack Bar-B-Que.



Down side:



#1. Way Over Crowded On Saturday! This was a first.



#2. Ten hour round trip car ride.



All in all, I give the weekend a solid A.



Keep Reading Comics.



D.L.

No comments: