Monday, May 5, 2008

Free Comic Book Day '08 review

Hello Chums,



Was your Free Comic Book Day this year fun? Mine was. I took my two boys to the four comic book stores in my area. We picked up numerous books for free (and bought a few too). Three of the four stores had decent sales and party type atmospheres (free pizza, cookies, drinks and people in costumes and drawings for free merchandise.) I think the fourth store really missed an opportunity to get fans (and non-fans) excited about comics.



My free comics this year:

Tiny Titans #1 - DC

Hellboy (new material) - Dark Horse

World of Aspen #3 - Aspen

Atomic Robo - Red 5 Comics

Dan Dare - Virgin Comics

Impact University vol.4 - Impact

Gekiga! - Drawn & Quarterly

The Moth - Rude Dude

Ignatz - Fantagraphics

The Death- Defying Devil - Dynamite

Maintenance - ONI Press

Owly and Friends - Top Shelf

Comics go to Hollywood - Twomorrows

Graphics Classics Special Edition - Graphics Classic

EC Comics Sampler - Gemstone

Neotopia - Antartic Press



After picking up all our books, we went to see Iron Man. Now that's a Free Comic Book Day!



What no Marvel in my stack? Oh well, but it looks like I have some real gems. I had better get reading.



K.R.C.



D.L.

No comments: