Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pick Of My Pile for the week of 10-08-08

Hello Chums,


A nice buying week overall. Here's my picks.


Marvel:


Stephen King - The Stand - Captain Trips #2 (of 5). The second brilliant issue (of the first limited series) based on King's best book.


Stephen King - The Dark Tower - Treachery #2 (of 5). More Dark Tower with Jae Lee art.


The Twelve #8 (of 12). Nice old school looking art by Chris Weston.


The Inhumans Secret Invasion #3 (of 4). Black Bolt is missing and Medusa will do whatever it takes to find him.


Marvel Zombies 3 #1 (of 4). I was very bummed out Kirkman and Phillips weren't doing this third installment, however this first issue was very good.


Avengers / Invaders #5 (of 12). This story would have been bigger had it taken place in a world without a Skrull Invasion.


Dark Horse:


B.P.R.D. The Warning #4. I thought I knew what was going on here. Maybe not. Nice Davis art though.


DC:


Batman Strikes #48. An issue I didn't get pulled when I had a subscription. This issue must have been so popular this month that they couldn't fill their subscribers needs. And it couldn't be reordered either I guess.


IDW:


Star Trek - Mirror Images #4. More of Kirk maneuvering to steal the Enterprise from Pike in the Mirror Universe.


Although I really liked Marvel Zombies 3 #1, The Pick Of My Pile this week is Stephan King - The Stand - Captain Trips #2. This limited series has been great so far and is really setting up something special for the limited series that follow.


K.R.C.


D.L.





No comments: