Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I need a PSP bad.


Hello Chums,


I saw this ad in the NOV 07 issue of PSM (playstation magazine). The new game is Final Fantasy Tactics - The War Of The Lions. Made for the PSP (playstation portable), it's a port of sorts of my favorite video game Final Fantasy Tactics.


For the uninitiated, the original game is a incredibly huge turn based role playing video game. What does that mean? Two things. #1 A video game where you use characters already created with characters you meet and create during the game. The characters gain skill points and grow more powerful. #2 During a battle, the characters are placed a large map with a grid on it. The characters (good and bad) take turns (actions) based on speed. The faster character moves first and so on.


The original game has many different classes of characters, weapons, spells and monsters. Along with the main quest, there were tons of side missions and dungeons. All with a compelling story. I spent more than 200 hours on the first game.


The great news is the new port will be a full remake of the original with new CG cinematics, new jobs and missions and new characters. Where the original game had some language translation issues, the problematic translation from Japanese to English has even been fixed! All this in a hand held package.


Now I finally have a reason to buy a PSP. I hope my wife agrees.


D.L.


1 comment:

Scott Sackett said...

What happened to Tactics on the Gameboy Advance?

My advice; don't tell your wife you want this thing to play a game you spent 200 hours on already! Tell her it's for some nursing thing or MySpace.

Besides dude, don't you know video games are the end of creativity? Why do you think I haven't bought a 360 or a Wii?