Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Pick Of My Pile for the week of 8-27-08

Hello Chums,


I've bought some decent comics this week. Let's get right to them.


Marvel:


Marvel Your Universe Saga (free). This is kind of an over-view of what's happening in Marvel comics right now.


The Immortal Iron Fist #18. Danny Rand versus the killer of Iron Fists p.2.


The New Avengers #44 (Secret Invasion). The story of The Illuminati.


The Mighty Avengers #17 (Secret Invasion). Some more Yellow Jacket/Skrull story.


Wolverine #68 (Old Man Logan). Wolverine and Hawkeye continue their trek across the U.S.


Marvel Comics Presents #12 (of 12). The conclusion of the Vanguard and Weapon Omega story lines and a nice Man-Thing story.


Kick-Ass #4 (Icon book). Graphic story telling just the way we like it with Kick-Ass, Hit-Girl and Big Daddy.


H.P. Lovecraft's Haunt of Horror #3 (of 3) (Max Book). Richard Corben concludes his run on Lovecraft tales.


D.C. / Vertigo:


Jack of Fables #25. Turning Pages Chapter 1:Robin.


IDW:


Star Trek Year Four #5. Enterprise Experiment Part 5. Conclusion of the D.C. Fontana story.


The Pick Of My Pile Is H.P. Lovecraft's Haunt of Horror #3. Nice creepy stories with Richard Corben black and white art.


K.R.C.


D.L.



1 comment:

Scott Sackett said...

You know, I almost gave up on Kick-Ass, but this issue turned me around.

I am very tempted to pick up Marvel Comics Presents, but I am waiting for the trade. The issues look really good, but I can't wait to see the thing in one big anthology, like Flight, but with superheros and cool stories!