Friday, September 12, 2008

Pick Of My Pile for the week of 9-03-08

Hello Chums,


After considering it for some time, I finally decided to give up my subscription service at New World comics. This was particularly hard because I have been with the same store since 1981. Hey I'm their second customer ever and have been shopping their longer than the current owner has been alive. Now I am a free agent and can shop anywhere!


Here's my picks:


Marvel:


Secret Invasion Front Line #3 (of 5). More street level Skrull stories with Ben Urich.


Punisher War Journal #23. Jigsaw p.6 of 6. More Howard Chaykin art.


The Twelve #1/2. Classic stories of the Twelve.


Universal War One #3 (of 3). The sci-fi story concludes with phenomenal art and coloring.


DC:


The Batman Strikes #49. Robin in school and handling crime solo style.


The Pick Of My Pile this week is very easy. Universal War One is a nice space /time travel story with a clean (non-messy) ending. A+
Keep Reading Comics.
D.L.

2 comments:

Scott Sackett said...

Well, you've quit New World before, but it keeps dragging you back in!

Let's face it, New World has NEVER recovered from losing Big Time Barry. While I've liked most everybody who followed him (Curt was a close second) no one else brought the blend of professionalism and fan enthusiasm that Barry did.

I think the real difference is, for all his quirks, Bash ran a tight ship. He never forgot the shop is a business and should be ran like one.

D. L. Nelson said...

Hey I like that "Big Time Barry". I think I might use that but shorten it to "B.T.B." But your right I have quit New World before. I'll still shop there but not for subscriptions (for now at least).