Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pick Of My Pile for the week of 9-24-08

Hello Chums,



An absolutely gigantic week of comic buying. Check out my picks.



Marvel:



Samurai Legend #1 (of 4) (Soleil). Great story and art so far. Another hit from Marvel/Soleil.



The Immortal Iron Fist: Orson Randall And The Death Queen Of California (one-shot). Great story and art set in 1920's HOLLYWOOD LAND. This story makes me want more Orson Randall Iron Fist.



The New Avengers #45. Secret Invasion back story with (Skrull) Jessica Drew and (Skrull) Hank Pym.



Ultimates 3 #5. I like Jeph Loeb as a writer but what is this crap? If I did a bottom of my pile this would be it.



Wolverine Origins #28. With no Steve Dillon art (again) this should be my last issue.



Fantastic Four #560. The New Defenders come calling from the future. This arc is way better than Millar's first.



1985 #5 (of 6). Another Mark Millar book this week. This limited series started off good, however this issue slowed down the story. I hope it finishes off strong.



Captain America #42. The finale of the story line that started in issue 25 with the death of Captain America. An okay ending but I was expecting more.



Dark Horse:



Hellboy The Crooked Man #3 (of 3). Another okay ending to a story that started off with a bang.



Image:



Back To Brooklyn #1 (of 5). A Mafia story by Garth Ennis and Jimmy Palmiotti.



DC:



Superman / Batman #52. The conclusion of the Li'l Leaguers story. A nice story courtesy of Mr. Mxyzptlk.



Jack Of Fables #26 (Vertigo). Turning Pages ch. 2 Priscilla.



All Star Batman & Robin The Boy Wonder #10. This story is actually starting to come together. Could it finish like All Star Superman by issue 12? My prediction is if it does it will end up making more sense.



There were some strong books this week including All Star Batman, Fantastic Four, Samurai and Iron Fist. However, The Pick Of My Pile is The Immortal Iron Fist Orson Randall And The Death Queen Of California. A very nice surprise for a book that I wasn't going to buy.

K.R.C.


D.L.


No comments: