Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy Friggin New Year

Hello Chums,


Well I know I've been away for awhile, but my time away has been filled with more than the usual Christmas and New Years activities. First of all, my electricity was off for 28 hours after an ice storm knocked out power to most of the city. Now I know 28 hours isn't very long, but it's the not knowing when it will come back on that gets to you. At the 1 day mark I was just about ready to loot the local (powerless) Walmart.


Once the holidays were over, everything was back to normal right? Wrong. My computer crashed last week. Everything on the computer was a total loss. However with some help from good friend Scott, the computer has been rebuilt. Bigger Hard Drive. Less Programs. Bigger, Stronger, Faster? We'll see.


So I was thinking of a good New Years resolution. Losing weight? Exercising? Those are for girls. Guys (who are married) don't care about their appearance anymore. This blog is about popular culture topics (comic books, movies, TV, video games, etc.) right? Who cares if I drop 5 lbs?


So how about a comic book resolution? My New Years resolution will be to do at least one blog entry a week. Those entries will feature a review of a graphic novel or a trade that I have read. 52 reviews in one year? Yes I can do it!


Time to start reading.


D.L.

No comments: