Sunday, April 5, 2009

Pick Of My Pile for the weeks of 3-4, 3-11 and 3-18

Hello Chums,


A couple of quick updates. First if you haven't already, check out my web comic Medical Maladies at Better Than Fiction The Comic (look for the link on the left column). Second, con season is officially under way. My first con this year was Planet Comic-con in Kansas City. It was a blast even if the weather didn't cooperate.


On to my weekly picks:


For the week of 3-4:


Marvel:


Agents Of Atlas #2. Good story so far with great flashback art.



The Age Of The Sentry #6. A nice conclusion to this mini-series.



New Avengers-The Reunion #1. Hawkeye and Mockingbird together again.



Ultimate Wolverine VS. Hulk #3 (of 6). It finally shipped 3 1/2 years late. Not worth the wait.



Image:



Jersey Gods #2. The artwork for this series is very hit and miss. Some of the coloring appears muddy. Nice Darwyn Cooke cover.



Back to Brooklyn #4 (of 5). Ever see a guy do in his mom (in a wheelchair) on a freeway?


Dark Horse:



Hellboy-The Wild Hunt #4 (of 8). Possibly the best Hellboy story in years.



The Goon #32. The 10th anniversary issue. 32 page story with a 13 page sketch book.



DDP:



I Am Legion #2 (of 6). The Dancing Faun story continues in the forties.






The Pick Of My Pile this week is The Goon #32. A nice anniversary issue with a lot of bang for your buck.




My purchases for 3-11:



Marvel:




Stephen King-The Stand-American Nightmares #1 (of 5). The first issue of arc #2.



The Immortal Iron Fist #23. Danny and the six other weapons try to escape the eighth city.



IDW:



Doctor Who-The Whispering Gallery (one-shot). Ben Templesmith art with great likeness'. I've been watching a little bit of the doctor lately and thought I'd give it a try.



Dark Horse:



B.P.R.D. The Black Goddess #3. Awesome Guy Davis art.






The Pick Of My Pile this week is Stephen King The Stand-American Nightmares #1. This book is way cool. I highly recommend it.



For the week of 3-18:



Marvel:


Punisher #3. The Punisher versus The Hood with some nice Jerome Opena art.



Wolverine-Old Man Logan #71. Is this about over? I hope so.



Ultimatum #3 (of 5). More of the usual crap.



Uncanny X-Men #507. Not Fraction at his best.



IDW:


Angel and Trenches #1. GREAT John Byrne story and black and white art.



Star Trek Crew #1. Story and art by John Byrne. He's doing some background art!



Star Trek Countdown #3. The summers biggest movie prequel continues.



APE:


The Black Coat/Athena Voltaire #1. $2.00 special. I wish the Black Coat could come out monthly.



DDP:



The Zombies That Ate The World #2 (of 8). Twisted Zombie tales with art by Guy Davis.






DC/Wildstorm:



The X-Files #5. Agents Mulder and Scully at odds in the badlands.



The Pick Of My Pile This week is Star Trek Crew #1. All these new IDW Trek books have me looking forward to this summers biggest movie.



K.R.C.


D.L.

1 comment:

Dan McDaid said...

pff.

Though your "review" of Ultimatuum made me laugh.