Monday, May 25, 2009

Pick Of My Pile for the week of 5-13.

Hello Chums,


I've been reading some trades lately including: Strangers In Paradise vol.1 (I'm not sure I'm on board with this title), Scott Pilgrim 2-4 (like them) and Absolute Kingdom Come (good, but not Marvels good).


How about some picks.


Marvel:


Dark Tower - The Fall Of Gilend #1. More from King's seven book series.


Howling Commandos #1. Story from former Heroes producer Jesse Alexander - alright. Art from John Paul Leon - very good.


Marvel Reading Chronology - Free. A nice grouping of several solo characters and groups books and the order to read them. But with no X-Men listings can a second reading list be far off?


Thor - Tales From Asgard #1. Original Thor tales from the sixties by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby but, recolored with modern techniques.


Wolverine #73. Even though Old Man Logan isn't finished, Issues 73 and 74 aren't just filler stories awaiting it's conclusion. These issues feature two stories running in both issues.


Dark Horse:


B.P.R.D. - Black Goddess #5. The conclusion to this story arc. Guy Davis art!


Image:


Elephantmen #19. More amazing Marian Churchland art.


DC / Vertigo:


Fables #84. The great Fables Crossover p.4.


Top Shelf:


League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen vol.3 #1 1910. Too Loooong and boring. Decent art.


IDW:


Star Trek - Missions End #3. This very odd Trek tales continues on.


The Pick Of My Pile this week is Wolverine #73. I wasn't going to buy this book initially, but I'm glad I did. I flipped through this book and realized it had two separate stories. My favorite of the two is written by Jason Aaron and is drawn by Adam Kubert and answers the question: How does Wolverine have so many solo and team adventures?


K.R.C.


D.L.

No comments: