Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pick Of My Pile for the week of 11-18.

Hello Chums,



No trades read this week. On to my picks.



Marvel:



Punisher #11. After the events of Punisher-Dark Reign - The List (one-shot), this book has the Punisher being put back together (Frankenstein style) and hanging out with some monsters. Odd idea with great art by Tony Moore.



Spider-Woman #3. From the writing to the artwork to the coloring, this book is bad ass. I highly recommend it. Check it out.



Deadpool - Merc with a mouth #5. Okay, I wasn't going to sign on to pick up multiple issues of this book, but it has been a lot of fun. The Bong Dazo art doesn't hurt either.



Stephen King - The Stand - Soul Survivors #2 (of 5). We all know this story is great, but month after month Aguirre-Sacasa, Perkins and Martin continue to shine.



Powers Encyclopedia (Icon). The thick issue is a who's who of the Powers universe. This issue has a lot of helpful entries on characters I had forgotten and a few spoilers of future story lines.



Del Rey:


Stephen King / Peter Straub - The Talisman #1. As much as I liked the novel, this first issue is just so so. I will give it a chance though.


Dark Horse:


Dr. Horrible #1. A nice little story that sheds some light on how Dr. Horrible took the villains path when he was a kid.


Sugar Shock (one-shot). Joss Whedon and Fabio Moon's futuristic rock band. Funny bit with President Lincoln. Nice art.


Bongo:


The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror #15. Bought for one reason only: Jeffrey Brown story - Bad Milhouse. Brown's Incredible Changesbots coloring really makes his story stand out over the other fare in this issue.


IDW:


Star Trek - The Next Generation - Ghosts #1. Although this first issue sets up a good story, the character likeness' by this artist is not the usual IDW fare.


DC:


The Flash - Rebirth #5 (of 6). This limited series has been pretty good so far. My only complaint is: why is it so late?


Avatar:


Supergod #1. This is probably my first Avatar book since Frank Miller's Robo Cop. Avatar's type of books just don't appeal to me. This book is no exception. This will be my first and last issue.


The Pick Of My Pile this week is The Stand - Soul Survivors. I'm liking this series so much I kind of wished I'd held out for the hard backs.


K.R.C.


D.L.



No comments: