Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pick Of My Pile for the week of 6-10.

Hello Chums,


I'm starting to get caught up on my reading. Check out my pile from last week.



Marvel:


Uncanny X-Men #511. This was not the return of Phoenix that I wanted, but we did get the return of Betsy Braddock - Psylocke.



Wolverine #74. The conclusion to the two Wolverine stories which are fill-ins until Dark Wolverine starts. It's officially time to drop Wolverine.



Fantastic Four #567. This has been a really nice run for Millar and Hitch. This issue features Doctor Doom as a hero until he wake up to "reality". A great dream sequence which ended waaaayyyy too quick. Too Bad!



Beta Ray Bill: Godhunter #1 (of 3). At $3.99 and 48 pages (with no adds!) this book is a good deal. The first half of the book is a new story with Beta Ray Bill going after Galactus. The second half of the book is a reprint of Thor #337 the origin of Beta Ray Bill by Walter Simonson.



Thor: Tales of Asgard #2 (of 6). A very nice second issue written by Stan (The Man) Lee and drawn by Jack (The King) Kirby. What makes these Thor back up stories shine is the nice re-coloring by Matt Milla.



DC:



The Flash Rebirth #3. I don't know a lot about The Flash's back story, but this limited series has been good so far.



Fables #85. The Great Fables crossover p.7 (of 9). I'm going wait to read all this in one setting.



IDW:


Angel: Blood & Trenches #4 (of 4). This last issue of this limited series kind of finished a bit weakly, but the last panel with a certain young dictator was cool. Great penciled art. We should see more of this.



Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan #1. A very nicely drawn first issue that follows the movie very closely. Good stuff. I've noticed that none of these IDW Star Trek books are ever on my death watch. Yeah they're limited series', but the quality is always good.


ONI:


Resurrection #1. The first issue of vol.2 is off and running.... I'm not sure I like the new art that much or the fact that it is now in color. I really liked the first volumes art and gray tones.


Dark Horse:


B.P.R.D.: The War on Frogs #3. A stand alone Liz story from July 2006.



Archaia:



Mouse Guard: Winter: 1152 #6 (of 6). The conclusion of this nice limited series.





The Pick Of My Pile this week is Fantastic Four #567. This Doctor Doom story line has been very good. It doesn't hurt that the art is okay either.





K.R.C.





D.L.

No comments: