Monday, June 16, 2008

Pick Of My Pile for the week of 6-04-08

Hello Chums,


Lets get right to it again. Here's my picks.


Dark Horse:

Abe Sapien #5 of 5. Conclusion of The Drowning.


Icon:

Criminal vol.2 #3. The story of Danica.


IDW:

Star Trek Assignment: Earth #2. More Gary Seven.

Star Trek New Frontier #3. Continuing story of the star ship Excalibur.

Star Trek The Next Generation Intelligence Gathering #5. Picard and co. versus Romulans.


Marvel:

Avengers / Invaders #2 of 12. The Invaders invade the current Marvel continuity.

Astonishing X-Men sketchbook. The new costunes for the Ellis / Bianchi run.

Punisher War Journal #20. Jigsaw part 3 of 6.

The Dark Tower The Long Road Home #4 of 5. The Dark Tower continues.

Secret Invasion #3 of 8. More is reveled about Iron Man and Spider- Woman.


My Pick Of The Pile this week is Criminal vol. 2 #3. Brubaker and Phillips continue to deliver.
K.R.C.
D.L.

1 comment:

Scott Sackett said...

I picked up the Star Trek Assignment: Earth #2 and I gotta say I was underwhelmed. What happend to John Byrne? Holy cow this thing looks like he phoned it in. The lack of backgounds was amazing. Compare this to The Blood of the Demon or even some of the comissions on his website and it's hard to believe the same guy draew this.

I'm suprised you picked up the Astonishing X-Men Sketchbook. I am really looking forward to seeing Siomone Bianchi's artwork, however, I didn't care for his Wolverine run. Still this looks promising!

This was my last issue of Secret Invasion. Yu's artwork literally HURTS my eyeballs! Also I haven't been reading Avengers and was tired of not knowing what the heck was going on!(the guy at my LCS told me I could get $20 worth of books and get caught up, I told him to bite me!)