Monday, June 16, 2008

Pick Of My Pile for the week of 6-11-08

Hello Chums,

Another week of good reading. Let's get right to it.

DC:
The Batman Strikes #46. A Killer Croc love story.

Dark Horse:
B.P.R.D. War On Frogs #1. B.P.R.D. story from 2005 featuring Roger!

Icon:
Kick Ass #3. This kid's name is Kick Ass!

Image:
Elephantmen #12. Some serious clean up.

Marvel:
Secret Invasion Who Do You Trust? (one shot) Five Secret Invasion stories.

The Punisher Little Black Book. (one shot) Frank nice and violent just like we like him.


The Pick Of My Pile this week is The Punisher Little Black Book. A quality one shot with gritty (Criminal style) art.


K.R.C.

D.L.

1 comment:

Scott Sackett said...

Just finished Kick Ass #3.

(Yeah, got it a week late because my LCS owner'd rather shoot a nerf gun then run a shop.)

(BTW, did you know Z is gone? Said he didn't need him, but I noticed he's keeping his California ass-puppet!)

I'd really liked the first 2 issues of KA, but I'm not sure about the girl with the sword.

I dug how the kid thought all the girls were digging his macho Chuck Noriss vibe, but it turned out they thought he was a gay prostitute and that's why he got so beat up!

(I'm suprised Marvel let them put that in, normally they pander to the pink crowd! Speaking of, a guy at work was being vocal about how it was great now gays could marry. A little too vocal; I'm keeping an eye on him!)

Still KA continues to be good, but I'm leary of where this bit with the girl ninja is heading. If it turns out to be that girl from his class I swear I'll stop buying it!

Btw, I thought the shots with the girl cutting up the dudes looked a little fake. JRjr should check out The Blood of The Demon to see how to draw graphic violence; it seemed like his heart wasn't in it. Maybe he needs to sell his soul to Satan like JB did!